As the economy continues to shift during the pandemic, some careers are becoming obsolete, while others are seeing a rise in demand. Essential industries, such as healthcare, need more workers than ever. Careers in online sales, shipping and delivery are also seeing substantial growth because of consumer habit change.
The in-demand jobs of 2021 include:
- E-Commerce – web developers, web design, software engineers, customer service, marketing, supply chain specialists, warehouse personnel, delivery drivers.
- Healthcare – nursing, nursing assistants, pharmacists, and pharmacy techs.
- Digital content – marketing, podcast creators, social media.
- Mental Health – personal coaching, stress management, life coaching, mental health technician.
- Health and fitness – personal fitness trainer, nutritional consultant.
- Sales – while e-commerce and online shopping saw a huge surge, LinkedIn recently reported that in-person retail positions will also be plentiful, as retailers are hopeful that retail sales will rebound.
- Management – project management and administration.
According to LinkedIn’s analysis of work trends across 15 countries, most in-demand jobs for 2021 can be done remotely. This digital revolution means a career change for many; and drives the necessity to seek out training, personal enrichment and professional development opportunities.
The Future of Jobs Report uncovered a four-fold increase in the number of people looking for online learning opportunities. Those who are unemployed have focused more on brushing up on digital skills, such as data analysis and information technology.
Once you’ve acquired the hard skills necessary, what else can you do to make sure you’re a strong candidate when navigating the competitive job market? According to a recent report by Deloitte Access Economics, soft-skill-intensive occupations will account for two-thirds of all jobs by the year 2030. Developing and honing these skills are key. Soft skills include:
- Customer service
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability
If you’re in the market for a new role, or are looking to expand your skill set, Ed4Career has the online training you need! Click here to explore our catalog of career and personal enrichment courses today!