A health and wellness coach helps clients make positive and lasting changes in their health. They guide the client through the process of creating a vision for their health and well being. They help the client develop a healthy mindset and healthy habits and encourage them every step of the way until they accomplish their goals.
Some of the things that clients ask for help accomplishing are as follows:
- Stress management
- Prioritizing self-care
- Maintaining a positive and healthy mindset
- Balancing wellness and a busy schedule
- Personal growth
A successful wellness coach will:
- Work with clients on individualized wellness plans
- Help others work through unhealthy stress
- Coach clients in ways to stick with their personal health and wellness goals
- Assist clients with growing and optimizing their strengths and talents
- Help clients learn to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Show clients various wasy in which they can practice self-care and prioritize their personal health
Many wellness coaches are self employed and provide consultations via phone, email, online chat and video conferencing. Insurance companies and other health care organizations are also beginning to employee wellness coaches. These coaches focus primarily on preventative health care and follow-up for employees. Some fitness facilities also employ wellness coaches as part of a complete healthy lifestyle for their clients along with diet and exercise.
If you enjoy leading a healthy lifestyle and would like to inspire and coach others to do the same, check out our Wellness Coaching Associates Program today!
Ed4Career offers courses in counseling and coaching which includes our Wellness Coach Associate Program. Upon successful completion of our Wellness Coaching course, students will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Wellness Coach (CWC). Upon successful completion of our Nutritional Consultant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a nutritional coach and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Nutritional Coach (CNC).