Never stop learning. What a great resolution! With the widespread use of internet technologies, students of any age can take advantage of learning anytime, anywhere.
Below are five tips for success for those interested in continuing their learning:
1. Don’t expect smooth sailing. Expect that there will be issues – conflicts in work, school or family schedules, distractions, etc. Anticipate the hurdles you might have to cross and develop a plan to deal with them. Create a master calendar to keep track of all appointments. Build school work into your schedule and stay true to that time commitment. Log out of all other websites but your classroom to minimize online distractions.
2. Believe that you can. Surround yourself with positive affirmations and erase self doubt. Keep the end goal in sight and create a daily mantra such as “I will succeed”.
3. Do some type of work every day. Log into your classroom, check out discussion boards, utilize additional resources provided by your classroom mentor or listed in the textbook, conduct additional research online on a topic of interest.
4. Enlist the support of others. Tell friends, coworkers and family about your coursework and goals and ask them to help you stay on track and hold you accountable.
5. Cut yourself some slack. Oftentimes, it’s difficult to put our own needs first. Understand that the hard work you are putting in today will benefit others tomorrow.
Whether you wish to acquire a new skill or hobby, or take classes to explore an exciting new career, Ed4Career has the course or program for you. We have valuable resources built into our programs and curriculum to help ensure student success. We also have skilled Educational Consultants on staff, and offer an Online Student Center as well as Career Coaching. Visit us today to learn more about the Ed4Career difference!
“My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow we always win out.” ~ Ronald Reagan